the descriptions and worldbuilding in this game r absolutely gorgeous. a real treat :]
The New Hive
The New Hive is an adult text-based gay monster game. Travel across the great desert, explore the ruined wasteland, transform yourself, meet big monsters, have sex.
The game is complete and contains roughly 360k words of text in total. It's very sexually explicit; there's a content listing in the game itself, from the title screen.
It was funded by support via Patreon, which you can check out for other in-progress game projects!
- 1.1c + discordApr 01, 2022
- 1.1b minor bugfixes + WSAD movementMar 19, 2022
- 1.1 release!Mar 12, 2022
- game bundle + other stuff i've been working onJan 27, 2022
- 1.1 & future projectsJun 17, 2021
- 1.1 savegame changesDec 11, 2020
- suggestions for 1.1 patchOct 25, 2020
- 1.0e bugfixApr 29, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Is it possible that we may be getting an update on this game.
Have you heard anything from unrulydogboy about Demitransference and when he might be bringing it back.
i have a bugfix update more-or-less ready but in terms of new content, probably not for a while/ever; i'm working on other stuff right now.
afaik, unrulydogboy took demitransference down for personal reasons and i have no clue if he ever intends on reuploading it anywhere.
Is there anything more in the sex scene list screen? I initially assumed you could reenter scenes through there.
no, it's just tracking currently. i had considered letting the player retrigger sex scenes, but since a lot of them depend on a whole host of variables (not just pc transform state, but all sorts of other gameplay variables) it would be kind of a mess to actually replicate the sex scene as you saw it.
there uh, is something like a way to revisit any scene in the game though, but it's more of an easter egg/debug option: on the title screen, there's a nearly-invisible pi symbol at the bottom, just to the right of the left margin bar (hitting ctrl+a to select all text will make it show up easier). click on that to get to the debug options, and then click on the EVERY PASSAGE IN THE GAME link. from there you can ctrl+f to the passage title (or character name or w/e else) for any given sex scene, most of which are the same as the text for the sex scene in the sex scene list. but since that doesn't track pc tf state, some things might be different than when you actually triggered that scene ingame
would be nice to see some pics of what the game is about ya know....
yeah, probably, but i figured since the game is 100% text, no images, and roughly 90% of that text is very explicit pornography it would be difficult to really get any screenshots that conveyed much of any meaning.
Finally coming back to this to play updates, and I'm actually struggling with the squad, this time. Is it just me, or is the stress point threshold for the altercation less than the minimum required for Agares and Leraje to be in exile, plus having Raven, Max, and Rook stay?
IIRC, i lowered the threshold by a point or two, and i no longer know if it's still possible to get a 'perfect hand' of everybody staying + everybody else available as exiles. part of this was because there's actually more content for exiling characters than having them stay in the village, since raven and max also have their own exile recruitment sidequests, whereas generally once somebody stays they just kind of vanish from the game. plus a bunch of people complained about it being very difficult to 'win' at all.
(the ideal solution would just be to add in more village content for all the characters, but, well, that's a lot of content.)
Just wondering but when might we see an update to the game.
probably not for a while! i'm working on other projects right now, & while i have an outline for a '1.2' patch i'm not working on it at all and i have no immediate plans to work on it in the near future.
Just wanted to explain the reason I make so many suggestions is because I love the game you're making I love how it's progressing and the suggestions are just to give you ideas and knowing that I might have had a hand in helping it grow and helping it progress and helping you and seeing the product of it would be more than enough in what I have seen to make me happy. PS you do not have to give me any kind of credit in the story or in the credits for the fact seeing it grow is what I am looking for.
Potentially in the next update you could update the walk through as well staining where to find the cables which are needed to create the first item for the second Town character you can't even complete their initial thing to continue on with what they do because I have searched the whole map and I have yet to find the cables that are needed to create the wires.
I cannot find the '' fried cables'' either , i think he's supposed to give them to you? Or maybe we have to find them through some events ?
Also there is a small bug ( i don't know if anyone talked about this already , if anyone did I apologize for being redundant ) when you give lightrot to Ophion it sometimes multiplies the number held by 2 each time , easily getting to 2048 within a few iterations , consequently showing your funny message , asking '' how did we even get to gain so much'' :D.
Once again let me tell you how amazing you are , i wish you the best of luck.
Can you post an older ver
Doesn’t work on my shitty iPhone 6 anymore :-:
(Wow it feels weird commenting on a nsfw game)
Is there a walkthrough?
Hi, it seems it's possible to go "out of bounds" of the map with this error: <<display>> bad expression: can't access property "where", gameMap[state.history.variables._i] is undefined
It happens when I use WASD movement and hitting any "wall" of the map, for example pressing A(west) on the brulvundojn's den map tile. But, the thing is, I can't go there if I use scavenge option or talk with brulvundojn, meaning I need to go one tile away (east for example) and go left two times to trigger this "out of bounds" tile map and error. I use Firefox if it makes any difference.
huhh, yeah, i see what you mean. it seems to be timing-based, where if you move during the scene transition it uses the prior cell's directional state instead of the current cell's. presumably while twine is doing the transition both passages are loaded and so my code grabs the wrong copy, or something.
well thanks for the bug report; i'll see if i can fix this one!
okay so i finally got around to fixing this one! 1.1c should fix it (at the cost of slowing down overworld movement, since you have to wait for the transition to finish now)
fun fact if you go out of bounds directly north from the town, you can reach all the cut content that originally made up the latter half of the game. i was not expecting my hyperlink text adventure game to have OOB glitch to access cut content but that's gamedev! :V
I found him once but I can't find him again.
his tent moves around randomly between some of the tiles on the northwest of the map, in a horizontal line across the very northern edge
What's the the purple part of the mutation bar for?
they're counting the 'animal' mutations, as opposed to the 'ĝheist' ones which are yellow. the vast majority of mutations are ĝheist, though, so it's entirely possible to play through the entire game and not get a single new 'animal' mutation.
OMG!!!! I had thought this wasn't going to be continued ... I'm so glad !
There's really no words for how hard this game blew me away I really wasn't expecting much and the writing is just amazing! Really great work on this <3
Are there any plans to make an apk for those who want to easily play this on the go?
not an apk, no, but the html file download should be playable as usual on any phone with a web browser
I had two days off, and sheepishly admit I basically spent both excitedly binging and reading all of the glorious sex scenes in this game as a freak who's into tf, body mod stuff, and uhh a lovely dash of big guys and mpreg.
Increasingly, I find myself drawn to nsfw games that actually focus on just giving players horny, creative, kinky experiences, rather than forcing in sob stories and drama, and mechanics I don't have two hands to interact with at the moment, or worse don't want to interact with at all. (Jesus Christ the resource grinding and battling system in that one game I played)
Text games (when done well) are just able to offer more - and in this case, WAY more of the juicy stuff I want from interactive nsfw content. Stuff like TFs and unique dialogue that the creator thought to code to appear differently for different scenarios in this simple style (*cough* Orphion remembering and saying it's time for our second dose is for some reason SO hot to me.. I guess I have some experiment scenario fetish?) - imo, are just equally as rewarding, without the tedium, as games practicing artificial scarcity with sex as rewards for interacting their mechanics.
There's basically nothing I can do to gush enough about the parts I really enjoyed in your writing. Somehow you managed to make me ignore that the dicks have warts all over and inside, and everyone has poprocks in their grey cum - and just enthusiastically enjoy each breeding and riding and new funky addition to my body. Shamefully I kinda really wanted to get lightrot glands in my ass like the big guy(swoon), and hoped more/ if any characters noticed and played with my bloated prostate mutation after I worked hard to frankenstein my save file code to get the prostate thing from Djen (I just had to remove the djenToppedLast:true at the end.. groan) before learning er, Orphion existed from the walkthrough - and could much more easily give me that after Djen's trip was already finished and without starting out with ass mutation. Hng I love lightrot.
(also call me an ambitious sadistic slut, but I briefly thought some sex scenes were locked based on who was currently your Biggest oral/anal partner at the start haha. i really wanted bulldragon dick - got it eventually!)
Needless to say I'm very pleasantly surprised to hear a sizeable update (Hive hype Hive hype) is apparently well on its way after a few years of hard work and soul-searching as an artist, right as I've discovered this gem. Looking forwards to that for sure - thank you for the countless hours of writing and coding, and I wish you the best in any projects lewd and unlewd that you venture into!
(noticed a bug - when Djen tops you, he will display both the first ass tf and second ass tf dialogue (asshole and prostate) if you had no ass tfs before but doesn't actually give you the 2nd -- and doesn't display the prostate line during sex if you already have the first mutation from initial mutation or Orphion, but actually gives it to you)
also: denying Orphion once seems to lock out all other options other than 'Ask about his experiments' even after days and reencountering him
wow, ty! i'm glad you enjoyed the game, and thanks for the big comment! it's always nice to her people's thoughts on my game stuff.
yeah, when i wrote this game i really wanted something that was much more... lateral in its progression, rather than having content gated behind, like, mechanical puzzles. i've definitely had more than enough of rpg-lite sex battle systems, or w/e. i've actually thought a lot about the process of balancing porn with mechanics for porn games, since for future projects i'd like to have some mechanics, but like you say it's really difficult to balance just because game mechanics generally aren't, y'know, fun to interact with if you're looking for a bunch of porn. at the same time, i do think some more gradual pacing could help there be more of a buildup for the actual sex. but it's a difficult thing to work out.
pc-focused prostate milking scenes are a good idea -- i don't think there's any in the game, but that's something i'll keep in mind for later versions when i try to flesh out the sex scenes list even more. ultimately, a lot of tfs don't have as much impact in the game as i'd like, just because of the enormous amount of writing filling out all the different permutations takes. i'm glad you enjoyed what was there, though! (actually originally there was a mutation, 'wide hips', that determined whether you could actually take some of the biggest dicks, but then i never ended up writing all the various branches in the various sex scenes that would've used it, since it turns out taking a huge dick is generally more interesting than not taking a huge dick. :V 1.1 adds a single scene that changes slightly if you have it, but that's still it.)
also yeah, i'm just now finishing up the final new scene for the 1.1 version! so expect that after not much longer, & hopefully you enjoy all the new scenes.
with ophion -- there was some code that was supposed to slowly regenerate his lightrot supply over time, but it was bugged and only triggered the first time you visited him, instead of every time. so in the current version, you'd have to manually bring him lightrot crystals to get more injection scenes, i think (and the option for that doesn't even show up unless you already have some on you, so it's difficult to even tell that that's an option available). anyway i fixed the bug, and made his dialog options reflect some of that, so it should be way clearer in the soon-upcoming 1.1 release. also i fixed the issue with djen, too.
Yeah, it's an interesting conversation for sure. I think there are mechanics and stories that can complement porn and sex in games, and others that really clash. I think fondly of Small on Top when I think of a nsfw game whose atmosphere and presentation I really enjoyed, Grove when I think of horny rpg battles where you fail deliberately to saddle yourself with sexy curses or see bad endings, Dormaus Valley for its terribly arousing scenarios and freedom in exploring them without ever worrying about losing progress, Strange Flesh when I think of a visual and gameplay marvel fusing action and sex in a nsfw game.
But stuff like obtuse puzzles, story drama for things or characters I am not invested in, or gods, resource grinding where I must use your awful fighting system to grind materials to progress or in another case -- spamclick my mouse into the ground gathering materials endlessly before spamclicking my way out of the random battle... are just really, out-of-place when my brain has shut down and I am playing to get a good time.
On your conundrum about mutations, I think pregnancy was a great way to go about things: limiting how many scenes you had to take into account by locking the other scouts until you gave birth, balanced with the sweet sweet fertilizing scenes and your birthing team entourage. Not every mutation needs special attention, maybe they could even only be tied to the individuals that mutate them. Also, there is at least one prostate milking scene I can think of, when you ask to be fucked on the way to the lightrot caves.
And oh no, Ophion appeared to work fine and does regenerate his lightrot supply daily. The problem was that if I changed my mind in the first encounter on whether or not I wanted to be experimented on, he would never give the option to change my mind again. (I just tested giving him a lightrot crystal after denying him the right to give me a puffy hole. Still nothing - he is one sulky titan)
And I can't wait! I've been checking in often to see if it dropped haha
yeah mechanics balance is... complicated. since crafting ended up being useless, i ended up adding some stuff you can do with it in 1.1, but that means that... you have to do some crafting to unlock a few sex scenes, which feels very weird since it's the only thing in the game that's gated in that kind of way -- even though for crafting to be "not useless" it would need to gate something, since that's how mechanics work. it makes things feel more transactional in a way & i'm not entirely sure if i like it, but, w/e.
also ohhh, yeah okay i dug into the ophion encounter code and figured some things out, & now backing out will let you rerun the initial exchange
anyway 1.1 will be releasing on the 12th! that's the totally arbitrary date i decided on two weeks ago when i had more-or-less finalized everything.
image in link of a syntax break
wasnt sure where else to put this, but loving your work, and spotted a bug.
litterally no idea what the point of the crafting mechanic was, just got bored of it and stopped after a while... ANYWHO! loved the game! the characters, the story, the world building, everything! oh! and i've been looking around at comments and such and it seems you have another game? hell game i think it was? i couldnt find where to play it so i thought i'd ask since you seem very involved with your playerbase/fanbase (which sidenote i think is great :)) i actually made an itch account just so i didnt lose track of the game, thats how much i enjoyed it! anywho thats the end of my comment.
the link seems to no longer be working?
yeah, the sysadmin who manages the domain is going through some stuff and is presumably unable to host the domain. it might be back up in a month or so, or maybe i'll have to rehost it somewhere else.
Could we get an .exe?
unfortunately, probably not. there is already a downloadable .html file, if you can run that locally, and the direct url to itch.io's hosting server is https://v6p9d9t4.ssl.hwcdn.net/html/2199005/index.html?v=1591301839, if either of those help. but it's not super practical for me to make a whole electron wrapper for the game and try to support that across a bunch of platforms.
Did you ever finish species recombination? I found the first chapter, really enjoyed it, and was wondering if you had a second one that was published?
hah, that's a blast from the past. the thing with that fic is that i've actually written something like 100,000 words of it, but it's all in fragmentary half-finished chapters, so the reason why i never posted any more of it is because i never finished enough of 'chapter 2'.
that being said, i've linked the wip a few times and it's currently uploaded on my server if you feel like wading through a whole lot of disconnected gears of war porn.
I appreciate that. You are an excellent writer with an excellent vocabulary. I write quite a bit myself, working on a wester/fantasy horror novel with LGBT characters. I know it's off topic, just wanted to shoot you some encouragement. Writing can be cathartic, but it is not an easy endeavor.
Wonderful game!! As an androgynous, femme boy though, I'm not very keen on the limited pc customization options.... but other than that, superb worldbuilding and sexy monster men!!!!! Wow!! <3
Sir I have to say that you are absolutely amazing ( at least for me ). I've thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of the game and as a submissive bottom you made me very happy. Although sometimes overly descriptive , I feel like that it just adds to your personal style , thus is a very good thing nonetheless. I really hoped to have more action with Ophion the half titan.
At the end you said that you feel proud about your game and accomplishment and you SHOULD feel that way ,because your writing is stunning (again, at least for me).
I've also read some other of your creations like :
- HELL GAME - It was very nice , not enough content to satiate me though( but that's my problem so don't worry ahah), I loved the minotaur , the nightmare, the claymen and the half-slime the most, again wonderful writing.
-Deep Within the forest- very little content sadly, but one thing hit me , you mentioned Kikinak and the Secret of killing , which if memory serves me , are a character and an item respectively from jade cocoon : The legend of the tamamayu. If i'm right then I can only appreciate you more and you certainly have good taste in games.
I apologize for the lengthy message , but I wanted to express what i think properly , also I didn't know where to contact you without seeming inappropriate ( like messaging you directly).
To wrap it up , you are amazingly great Sir , keep doing what you're doing please , because you do it very well. I wish You the best and be happy ^^.
hey! thank you for the long comment! it's always good to get feedback on my stuff, and i'm glad you enjoyed my writing. it's definitely true it can sometimes be a little bit wordy, but at this point, yeah, that's just part of my style.
yeah, as you may have noticed, 'deep within the forest' in general is heavily based off of jade cocoon, it's just that i never got it finished to the point of fully removing all the jade cocoon names i was using as reference. it's definitely one of the old PS1 games i think back to fondly.
I managed to impregnate Jinn (without me being pregnant myself) and go back to camp before he transfers the eggs to me, but it says that I was also pregnant and brought him to Astau, when I didn't. It's fine but just wanted to point it out.
whoops, i guess i had assumed it was impossible to get from the survey site back to the village without camping? something like that. so that when that scene didn't trigger the game state was in a weird state. i'll look at the logic there and fix it for the next patch.
Thanks for the reply, would it be possible in the future that we would be able to impregnate/egg other people? Like Astau perhaps? It was so much fun being the top rather than the bottom imo! I just really liked Jinn's scenes :D
well, in the 1.1 update i've been working on there are a few more impregnation scenes -- one with khru, but only under fairly specific circumstances (start with a dog dick + bring him to astau + fuck him afterward), and another with a new great beast npc -- but i haven't actually coded up the pregnancy progression there yet. i've actually kind of written myself into a corner with impregnation scenes due to how i've said reproduction works, since there needs to be somebody around to provide the eggs and there are only like, three characters in the game that can do that.
How about something like in the start-up, where we add our points to the specific body part we want, we can choose between the dog dick and an ovipositor dick? Though I don't know how you'll go along that.
actually really early on in development i had plans for something like that -- a monster tf for each of the initial body options, including one that was an ovipositor -- but i had to cut all of them except for the dog dick, since each one is a huge amount of extra work. having that dog dick tf was maybe the single most labor-intensive design decision i made for the entire game, since it meant having to write totally different variants for about half the sex scenes in the game, plus entirely different interaction branches sometimes, plus a bunch of NPC dialog about it. doing that over again would mean writing, like, 100k more content easily. it's kind of unfortunate, since originally i had planned for a bunch more dick-tf options, but ultimately the sheer amount of work required made it pretty infeasible to do it
soooo i managed to get the vehicle hauled back and built a lightrot engine. Am i not able to actually do anything with said engine?
yeah, currently the vehicle-repair part of the game just kind of stops, without you being able to do anything meaningful with it. basically none of the crafting stuff at all does anything in the current game version.
This game is great! I'm having a problem with Djen though, I finished his quest but I can't return him for some reason and while I love him, I kinda wanna try out some of the other guys. If this is a bug, is there some way to fix it?
(Also will you make a not-Chrome/web-based version of this game someday?
Thanks! Djen's quest does require you to visit multiple locations; I think three in total? The survey event should say either 'head further along the coast for more' or 'now we can head back to town' as you visit locations, and if you still can't return to town after getting that second message then that's a bug.
(Probably not? I do some non-text, 3D gamedev stuff, but that's a whole other kettle of fish in terms of production that would mean I'd basically have to redo the entire game.)
LOVE it, can't wait for more
Dirty in the hottest way possible, can't wait for more <3
Wow really awesome game,can't wait for the next update
this is stupid, but i cant figure out how to save
when you're in town or camping, there's a 'save game' link on the left sidebar. i should probably make it higher-contrast in the future, because it is pretty missable right now
xax I see you like city building and terraforming as well !
will there be a sequel where we go into the hive and fuck more sexy creatures ?
well, that was definitely the plan originally -- there's actually a bunch of cut content still in the game's files about the trip to the hive -- but given the amount of writing that would be (yeah, it would be a whole other game; one that's even bigger) i don't think i'll ever realistically get around to writing it all.
Oh, man. I feel like there's a lot to unpack here, so apologies in advance if this gets a little unwieldy.
I have a lot of praise for this game, especially for the writing and worldbuilding. Some of the things in this game I already knew I was into to some extent, but the descriptions are so wonderfully vivid that things that'd normally repulse me didn't phase me at all. I also appreciate that you made the world itself fairly open, but still worked out a plot that makes perfect sense.
As far as issues, criticisms, and suggestions go (I'm not sure what's a bug and what's just incomplete), there's a few things on my mind; gonna number them just to keep it tidy.
1. Brulvundojn's misspelled as "Brolvundojn" at least once, during the "knock me up" scene. Wouldn't be a big issue, but I'm not sure how to pronounce his name in the first place, so it threw me off a bit. Also, the word "spar" is used to refer to cocks multiple times... Do you mean "spear?" In that case, it's misspelled in every instance that I've noticed.
2. I get a "can't find matching endif" error when walking up to Raven at the caves. His sex scenes seem to be tied directly to the ones he had while the town was occupied, and "so what are you doing around here" is the only thing you can ask him. Nothing changes if you go back to town, so there's no way to get him to move to town.
3. Once the soldiers move into town, or if they "stay," they vanish. These two prompts are the only ones I've seen:
- you first see Max sitting in the ĝheist camp w/ Khru sitting on his lap
- Raven, out of his gear, is waiting at the edge of the village, sitting on the old cobblestone wall
After that, they're just.. gone. No way to interact with them again (Though the glass mountain cave still says there's smoke coming from it even after Leraje leaves). Not sure if this is a bug or if they're just unfinished, but I'd really like to see it addressed, even if as something like a "postgame storyline" of a sort. Raven's probably my favorite character, and I bet he'd love to meet Brulvundojn... Threesome~?
4. I know it's been mentioned before, but only moving four tiles before being forced to camp gets frustrating quickly. Changing it to 5 or 6 would help a lot, I think. Also, if there's a way to fix the movement buttons to a specific spot regardless of other text on the page, I think that'd help a great deal, too.
5. Are digging and crafting actually used for anything? I honestly can't tell if there's any point to doing them at all, currently, though I saw you added more crafting recipes at some point? I'm a bit confused on that point.
6. Getting into "definitely suggestions and not bugs or not understanding something" things now; Great Beast transformation variants would be great. You can get Brulvundojn's cock at the start, and some extra hair from fucking him, but it's also mentioned somewhere that the Great Beasts have different lightrot strains than the gheists, so having full transformations for Astau and especially Brulvundojn would not only make sense, but also be great for people that don't want to look like a gheist themself. Plus, if you start out estranged from Brulvundojn, you mention having been scared of getting a wolf head or something along those lines. What if I want a wolf head and explosive saliva, huh?
7. An expansion on Brulvundojn in general; If you start out as fuckbuddies there's no real talking with him, and even if you don't you only discuss your shared history. It feels like we know Astau better, sometimes. Also, since Brulvundojn acknowledges you as his consort when you visit with Khru (even if just to tease you), it'd be really hot to make that an actual thing, like an at least somewhat romantic relationship. Honestly, that'd be fun to see with Raven too, and maybe Gawann?
8. A "postgame" option would be great, and likely doable without TOO much extra work. When talking to Zhalk the final time, an option like "not ready to end this yet" could appear, and clicking it could reopen the other gheists' menus to repeat their quests so you could play with them more if you want without replaying everything to get to them, and same goes for the humans (though I don't know if they have content in town already). Or hell, even an option to stay in town but promise to visit the hive so you can chat with them all there, though that'd require more writing. Regardless, a more "sandbox-y" point would be nice so people don't have to replay to access scenes that vanish after a certain point, which is most of them.
Uhm... I feel like I had more somewhere in my brain, but this is getting long already. I'll tack it on as a reply if I think of something else. I'd love to hear your thoughts on all of this if only to sate my own curiosity.
And again, the game's writing is some of the best I've played. Thanks for the read.
hey, thank you! i'm glad you enjoyed the game, and it's always nice to get a big substantive comment on a thing.
1. whoops, i'll fix that. apparently that one scene is the only place where that specific typo exists, but who can really say what other misspellings are lurking around. also it's spar! as in 'a stout rounded usually wood or metal piece', like a piece of rigging. it's got connotations of like, jutting out and being pointy, so, you know, dicks.
2. whoops, i'll try to fix that. a few of the exile encounters were bugged out in various ways, and i think i've managed to fix most of them while working on 1.1, but it's been a while since i worked on that bit so i don't remember if i already fixed that one.
3. yeah, one of the things that i never really got finished before the release was having the various human squad characters meaningfully stay around in the town. once you complete each character's little 'sidequest', they just show up in town once and then vanish, since i never finished writing their dedicated town appearance sections. (a lot of town interaction got cut -- other npcs, more interaction between gheist in town, being able to talk to the gheist characters in town and redo most/all of their sex scenes if desired, etc)
4. yeah, it's an issue. the problem with adding extra moves at this point is that a bunch of content is structured assuming that there will be at least one camp between the village and the destination -- for example, the lightrot caves are four steps away from the village, which means if i bumped up the moves limit by just one then it'd be possible (and likely) to totally skip jinn's camping sequence during his survey, or the pregnancy trip pre-birth and post-birth scenes, or a bunch of other scenes. so i'd also have to move around a bunch of things to make them further away from each other, which would just make the world map seem even more big and empty. it's definitely not ideal, and if i was redoing things from scratch i'd try to avoid the issue, but at this point too much stuff is paced around there being a camp sequence or two between events for me to change it.
5. nope! they will be in the 1.1 patch, whenever i finish that, but currently there's not really any scenes locked behind scavenging and crafting stuff.
6. oh yeah, it's like... that would be nice, but that would be an _enormous_ amount of content -- having the wolf dick tf was bar none the biggest content addition to the game, since it required not only a bunch of totally unique sex scenes / large content splices for other sex scenes, but also there's a whole bunch of custom dialog: all the city human sex scenes have branches for having a human dick / gheist dick / wolf dick, as well as several for other gheist tfs, and some of them get pretty elaborate. like, adding a wolf head tf would mean i'd have to go back to add a custom branch for every kissing / oral scene to change the blocking for having a muzzle, plus whatever custom branches i'd need to add in generally (like, custom dialog for basically every interaction with a city human). actually in the various drafting stages of writing this, i had outlined like five dick tfs and three more great beasts, each with an associated bodily tf, (...and an entire other half of the game's story) and i pretty much immediately had to cut all of that just because it would have easily quadrupled, quintupled, the amount of writing in the game.
7. yeah in retrospect i could've added a lot more... dialog, to the game. for a while i was using the same dialog toy you see in the human siege section with the gheist, and there's no reason why that couldn't work with astau / brulvundojn / dante & malsatante / ophion, it was just at the time i was looking at writing another six-or-seven dialog topics, with multiple responses based on game state, for all the gheist characters _too_ and i just cut it. but something like that with custom topics for all the great beasts would probably help a lot towards actually fleshing them out as characters; one of the weirder aspects of the game is that you only ever get to talk in-depth to the city humans and not to any of the other characters (well, astau, once) even though the city humans are the characters you're most antagonistic with.
8. yeah, like i mentioned a few points above, at one point the plan was to just be able to talk to the gheist in the town, and after you'd done their survey section you'd be able to rerun their sex scenes, or get threesomes. that might make it into 1.1; it's partially focused on adding stuff to the town so there's a bit more stuff there. about sex scenes being non-repeatable, i was actually a little surprised myself -- one of the things i've added already in 1.1 is a big chart of sex scenes that gets tracked as you play the game, and something i realized is that i don't think it's possible to get even half of them in a single playthrough, since so much of the content is mutually-exclusive or single-change. i feel like there's a balancing act between every sex scene being repeatable (and thus kind of contextless and unmoored in the current story beat) vs. every sex scene being really tightly written into its story context but being a one-time missable sequence; there's definitely a lot of the latter in this, which is kind of unusual for a somewhat 'sandboxy' game, but that's how it is i guess.
you might notice a general theme here is "oh yeah this was planned but i ended up cutting it"; when i was like a year-and-change into writing this i really buckled down and made a list of everything left to write (and it was a really long list), tried to realistically look at my writing pace (slow), and started ruthlessly cutting stuff down in the hopes of finally being able to release the game. most of 1.1 is just gonna be re-adding in cut content that was never finished, and fleshing out some of the bits of the game that are noticeably barren and empty right now.
Thanks for the response! I definitely can't fault you for prioritizing, but it's really nice to hear that you plan on adding a lot of stuff back in over time!
Edit: To elaborate now that I've woken up a bit:
1. Huh, I learned something new today. It seemed too consistent to be a mistake but I'd never seen the word before.
2. Glad to hear it'll get fixed; Raven's my favorite~
3. At least that wasn't a bug. I'll elaborate on the "postgame" thing farther down.
4. That does make sense... Maybe you could implement something so that you "move slower" while traveling in a group? So when you're alone scavenging or wandering, you can move five tiles, but when on a quest with an npc it's only four? That'd make sense mechanically without disrupting the things reliant on the four-tile movement system, I think.
5. Good to know! Not sure what all you have planned for crafting in the long run but you could definitely manage some fun stuff with it.
6. Wolf dick is definitely best dick. And yeah, can't blame you for being hesitant to go all in on something like that... I'd definitely recommend doing a full wolf transformation at some point though, if only because there's already two pieces of it implemented. And to be fair, TF is something that's perfectly doable to implement a bit at a time. Like, the easiest next step would be making wolf dick achievable without starting with it, and a second stage to the fur TF already ingame, since I'm pretty sure that doesn't really come up in conversation currently... though a full pelt would, ideally.
7. I definitely agree here. Dialogue's important for connecting with characters, but also for lore and understanding the world. Currently though? I'm not sure what lightrot is, how/when it appeared, or if gheists are actual aliens or just a race derived from lightrot-mutated humans that gets referred to as "alien." There's a lot of world here, and a lot of interesting details, but very little greater context given to understand it in.
8. Yeah, I was surprised by the number of non-repeatable/limited-time scenes too. The "postgame" thought was mostly an "endgame sandbox" suggestion though; a way to access the scenes once you've hit the end of the game, even without context. Something like a... temporary "fix" for the fact that at the very end, you're locked out of nearly all sex scenes due to both the humans and gheists being unavailable.
Love this game :D
I will write a longer, proper review too, just wanted to say that I'm totally in love with this game, played it a dozen times and never got bored. You're writing style is very unique and great, also I never thought that a game like this even existed, it's just so perfect and also you have a great talent when it comes to ideas too: I extremelly enjoyed the mutation details, it's like the next level of awesomeness.! Thank you very much for sharing it with us, and I hope someday there will be more games from you like this one or you'll add a bit more to this. So thank you again, you're great, keep up the good work!
hey, thank you! i'm currently working on a 1.1 patch for this that'll contain a grab-bag of new content, plus i got a bunch more projects in the works, so i should have more to show off in the future
Firstly thank you very much for your reply, and I'm sorry that I write back just now. I watch you on Patreon too, so I tried out your other games too, but I'm not so smart for puzzles and I just walked around (still can't figure out the right answers in the werewolf story). I also like to add that I really like your writing style, descriptions, and the dialogues are very hot too, that's the only thing I wish it had a bit more.
Thank you very much again, I wish you luck with all projects and I'll be waiting for the new content then!
Are we meant to be able to do anything in the human siege scenario?
there is a 'successful' resolution, but there's basically no guidance how to get it or feedback if you're making progress -- the in-game walkthrough (from the title page) has a reference guide for what to do
An amazingly written game for certain, but can't wait for the extra content coming in update 1.1